Story Branch Library – Children’s Programs
Buckaroo Book Awards for students in grades K-3:
Children may vote on nominated book titles and be a part of choosing the winners! Stop at the library for more details!
For “what to read” ideas, check out the following list:
2013-2014 Buckaroo Award Winners:
|Reynolds, Aaron Creepy Carrots||
|Thomson, Bill Chalk|
Past Winners & Nominees by Author or Date (requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader)
2014-15 Nominees for the Buckaroo Award
- ! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- The Buffalo are Back by Jean Craighead George
- George Flies South by Simon James
- The Highway Rat by Julia
- How Martha Saved Her Parents From Green Beans by David LaRochelle
- How to Train a Train by Jason
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Monkey and Robot by Peter Catalanotto
- Moose That Says Moooooooooo
by Jennifer Hamburg
- The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
- Neville by Norton Juster
- The Story of Fish and Snail by Deborah Freedman
- Three Ninja Pigs by Corey Rosen Schwartz
- Tito Puente by Monica Brown
- Xander’s Panda Party by Linda Sue Park
School-Aged Children Library Events
Twice a month the students of the Story School come to the library for Story Time, Craft Activities, to learn Library Skills and to check out books! Home schooled children are more than welcome to join us and oftentimes do!
We usually meet the first and third Fridays of each month from 12:30-1:30. Sometimes, however, we need to switch to a different Friday because of school or library schedule conflicts. Because the exact dates are subject to change, please feel free to call the library to check the schedule!
Pre-School Story Times
Our Pre-school story time is every Wednesday from 3:00-3:45 pm.
Each week we choose several books to read to the kids and then we have a craft or art activity! All children and their care givers are welcome to join us!