Books & Reading
What to Read & Listen To:
We have books, CDs, DVDs, and downloadables.
What is the third book in The Wimpy Kid series?
Already read the books, now you want to read something similar..?
Need to read a book set during the civil war?
Find just the right book!
Another great reading and fun resource is
Check out the System Requirements document if you are having difficulties accessing Bookflix.
Read a book, or two, play some games. You can read along with the highlighted words; or just enjoy being read to. There are several games for each book. This site pairs fiction with informational books.
Check Out the Newest Children’s Books!
|Lost and Found Ducklings||by Valari Gorbachev|
|The Tall Man and the Small Mouse||by Mara Bergman|
|Duck and Goose: A Gift for Goose||by Tad Hills|
|Dragons Get Colds Too||by Rebecca Roan|
|In the Quiet Noisy Woods||by Michael Rosen|
|Big Nate: Payback Time||by Lincoln Pierce|
|Doctors to the Rescue||by Meredith Rusu|
|Ten Rules for the Birthday Wish||by Beth Ferry|
|The Sea Book||by Charlotte Milner|
|Fuzzy Fights Back||by Bruce Hale|
One great way to find something new to read is to find out about books that other children have read and liked. Check out the Buckaroo and Indian Paintbrush book winners below to find some great suggestions!
Buckaroo Award Books!
2020 WINNER: Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist by Jess Keating
1st Runner Up: Stay: A Girl, A Dog, A Bucket List by Kate Klise
2nd Runner Up: Grumpy Monkey by Suzanne Lang
These books were chosen by Wyoming children in grades Kindergarten through third! Help choose the winners! Check with a librarian to find out how!
2019-20 Nominees for the Buckaroo Award
- Bring Me a Rock by Daniel Miyares
- Grumpy Monkey by Suzanne Lang
A House The Once Was by Julie Fogliano
- I am the Mountain Mouse by Gianna Marino
- Kate, Who Tamed the Wind by Liz Garton Scanlon
- Life on Mars by Jon Agee
- Poor Little Guy by Elanna Allen
- The Secret Life of the Little Brown Bat by Laurence Pringle
- Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist by Jess Keating
- Stay: A Girl, A Dog, A Bucket List by Kate Klise
Indian Paintbrush Award Books!
The Indian Paintbrush Book Award provides the opportunity for Wyoming youth in grades 4-6 to select a favorite book and honor its author. Its purpose is to help Wyoming students: Become acquainted with the best contemporary authors Become aware of the qualities that make a good book Set a goal to read at least three good books to honor an author whose books Wyoming students have enjoyed.
2020 WINNER: Hero by Jennifer Li Shotz
1st Runner Up: Resistance by Jennifer Nielsen
2nd Runner Up: Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart
2019-20 Nominees for the Indian Paintbrush Award for Wyoming Youth in Grades 4-6
- Awkward by Svetlana Chmakova
- Hero by Jennifer Li Shotz
Louisiana’s Way Home by Kate DiCamillo
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
- One for Sorrow by Mary Downing Hahn
- Resistance by Jennifer Nielsen
- Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart
- Sunny by Jason Reynolds
- Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle by Leslie Connor