Public Access to Records Policy
Sheridan County Fulmer Public Library
- Patron privacy will be protected in compliance with W.S. 16-4-203 (d) (ix):16-4-203 (d)
The custodian shall deny the right of inspection of the following records, unless otherwise provided by law:
16-4-203 (d) (ix)
Library patron transaction and registration records except as required for administration of the library or except as requested by a custodial parent or guardian to inspect the records of his minor child.
- All new employees will sign a “confidentiality of patron privacy” agreement at time of hire.
- All requests for inspection of records must be put in writing to the Library Director or designee.
- The Library Director or designee will direct all requests with subpoenas, court orders, or search warrants to the County Attorney.
- The business office will retrieve the records as instructed by the Library Director or designee.
- Time frame for retrieval of items will be determined by Library Director, taking into consideration the workload of the office.
- A date will be given to the requester, no later than 5 working days after receipt of written request, stating when the requested records will be available.
- No records may be removed from the library for photocopying.
- All copies will be made on the library’s business copier by the Library Director or designee.
- Copies will be 10 cents per page or whatever the current charge is on all public copiers.
- Requests for inspection or copies that require more than 2 hours of staff time to assemble, collate, display and/or copy will be charged $30/hr plus the $.10 per page fee.