Looking for a great book? Here are suggestions from Patrons and/or Staff who read these titles recently and heartily recommended them! Each * represents one person who said it was a great book!
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend* by Katarina Bivald
- Off the Grid* by CJ Box
- The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden** by Jonas Jonasson
- The Jesus Cow* by Michael Perry
- Crimson Shore* by Preston Child
- The Last of the President’s Men* Nonfiction by Bob Woodward
- Furiously Happy* Nonfiction by Jenny Lawson
- The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto*** by Mitch Albom
- The Lady and the Panda* Nonfiction by Vicki Croke
- Enchanted August* by Brenda Bowen
- The Martian* by Andy Weir
- Miracles* Nonfiction by Eric Metaxas
Community Connections 2016
Say Hello to this year’s Community Connections teammates! Now in its third year, the Community Connections Program is well under way.
The popular Community Connections program was organized in 2014 as a joint project between the Story Branch Library and the Story Elementary School. The program does a great job of establishing and maintaining connections between our long-time residents, sharing first-hand knowledge of the community’s history, and our newer residents, the Story Elementary School children, sharing their youthful exuberance and hopes for the future.
Reading time with Elphie!
Therapy dog in-training, Elphie, and her wonderful trainer, Jules, are coming to the Story Library most Saturdays at least through the end of January! We are looking for children who would like to read to Elphie for half an hour. If interested, please call the Library (683-2922), or stop by to sign up for either 10-10:30 or 10:30-11! (It’s great fun!) Elphie is a beautiful black lab, and a good listener, even though she may fall asleep from time to time! Here is a photo of her with one of our great readers!
Pre-school Story Time every Wednesday from 3-3:45!
Search the online catalog for items or databases!
We hope you will check all the latest News, Programs & Events, Kids, Teens and About Us information by clicking on the Story Library tab above !