On Display Through January
Have you seen the latest in pop-up book technology? They’re not just for kids anymore. Come and take a look at some of our favorites in the display case.
Spring Book Discussion Series begins the Last Monday in January, January 30, at 6:30 p.m.
THEME: “IMMIGRATION : ON BECOMING AN AMERICAN”
All discussions held in Story Branch Library’s Library
Funded by Claire Yorks Endowment
Moderated by Norleen Healy!
Currently Available for Pickup:
~ The Namesake, by Jhumpa Lahiri
Discussion: Monday, January 30, at 6:30 p.m.
~ The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down, by Ann Fadiman
Discussion: Monday, February 27, at 6:30 p.m.
~ The Book of Unknown Americans, by Cristina Henriquez
Discussion: Monday, March 27, at 6:30 p.m.
~ Children of Syria, Video
Discussion: Monday, April 24, at 6:30 p.m.
Adults: Looking for a great book? Here are suggestions from Patrons and/or Staff who read these titles recently and heartily recommended them! Each * represents one person who said it was a great book!
- The Wonder* by Emma Donoghue
- North of Crazy*** by Neltje
- Dog Medicine: How My Dog Saved Me From Myself* by Julie Barton
- Robert B. Parker’s The Bridge*** by Robert Knott
- The Glass Castle*****The Silver Star***by Jeannette Walls
- Half Broke Horses: A True-Life Novel********by Jeannette Walls
- The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis* by Elizabeth Letts
- The Survivor* Vince Flynn’s Mitch Rapp Spy Novel (continued race to save America) by Kyle Mills of Jackson Hole
- Savanna Glues* by Mary Kay Andrews
- Everyone Brave is Forgiven*** by Chris Cleave (WWII London setting. British humor. Coping with crazy.)
- Ice Dogs* by Terry Lynn Johnson (Middle Grade Novel about a 14-year-old musher)
- Lilac Girls** by Martha Hall Kelly
- The Nightingale*** by Kristin Hannah (One more patron, 7/21/2016, discovered it and loved it!) 🙂
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry****** by Gabrielle Zevin
- Stars of Fortune* by Nora Roberts
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend** by Katarina Bivald
Pre-school Story Time every Wednesday from 3-3:45!
Search the online catalog for items or databases!
We hope you will check all the latest News, Programs & Events, Kids, Teens and About Us information by clicking on the Story Library tab above !