Story Branch Library – What’s New To Read
One great way to find something new to read is to find out about books that other children have read and liked. Check out the Buckaroo and Indian Paintbrush book winners below to find some great suggestions!
Buckaroo Award Books!
These books were chosen by Wyoming children in grades Kindergarten through third! Help choose the winners! Check with a librarian to find out how!
2016-17 Nominees for the Buckaroo Award
- Annie and Helen by Deborah Hopkinson
- Elizabeth Started All the Trouble by Doreen Rappaport
Frog on a Log? by Kes Gray
- McToad Mows Tiny Island by Tom Angleberger
- Mother Bruce by Ryan Higgins
- Ragweed’s Farm Dog Handbook by Anne Vittur Kennedy
- There’s a Lion in My Cornflakes by Michelle Robinson
- Too Tall Houses by Gianna Marino
- A Tower of Giraffes: Animals in Groups by Anna Wright
- Winter Bees and Other Poems of the Cold by Joyce Sidman & Rick Allen
Indian Paintbrush Award Books!
The Indian Paintbrush Book Award provides the opportunity for Wyoming youth in grades 4-6 to select a favorite book and honor its author. Its purpose is to help Wyoming students: Become acquainted with the best contemporary authors Become aware of the qualities that make a good book Set a goal to read at least three good books To honor an author whose books Wyoming students have enjoyed.
Nominees for 2016-17 Indian Paintbrush Award for 4th-6th graders
Wednesdays by Joan Bauer
El Deafo by Cece Bell
Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin
Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton
Masterminds by Gordon Korman
Skeleton Tree by Iain Lawrence
Night Divided by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Woof: a Bowser and Birdie novel by Spencer Quinn
Beneath by Roland Smith
Menagerie by Tui & Kari Sutherland