Books & Reading
What to Read & Listen To:
We have books, CDs, DVDs, and downloadables.
What is the third book in The Wimpy Kid series?
Already read the books, now you want to read something similar..?
Need to read a book set during the civil war?
Find just the right book!
Another great reading and fun resource is
Check out the System Requirements document if you are having difficulties accessing Bookflix.
Read a book, or two, play some games. You can read along with the highlighted words; or just enjoy being read to. There are several games for each book. This site pairs fiction with informational books.
Check Out the Newest Children’s Books!
|Lost and Found Ducklings||by Valari Gorbachev|
|The Tall Man and the Small Mouse||by Mara Bergman|
|Duck and Goose: A Gift for Goose||by Tad Hills|
|Dragons Get Colds Too||by Rebecca Roan|
|In the Quiet Noisy Woods||by Michael Rosen|
|Big Nate: Payback Time||by Lincoln Pierce|
|Doctors to the Rescue||by Meredith Rusu|
|Ten Rules for the Birthday Wish||by Beth Ferry|
|The Sea Book||by Charlotte Milner|
|Fuzzy Fights Back||by Bruce Hale|
One great way to find something new to read is to find out about books that other children have read and liked. Check out the Buckaroo and Indian Paintbrush book winners below to find some great suggestions!
Buckaroo Award Books!
2021 WINNER: Super Rabbit Boy Powers Up! by Thomas Flintham
1st Runner Up: The Panda Problem by Deborah Underwood
2nd Runner Up: Potato Pants! by Laurie Keller
These books were chosen by Wyoming children in grades Kindergarten through third! Help choose the winners! Check with a librarian to find out how!
2021-22 Nominees for the Buckaroo Award
- Bad Dog by Mike Boldt
- Carmela Full of Wishes by Matt de la Peña
A drop of the Sea by Ingrid Chabbert
- Giraffe Problems by Jory John
- Just Ask! Be Brave, Be Different, Be You by Sonia Sotomayor
- Let ‘er Buck: George Fletcher, the people’s champion by Vaunda Micheaux
- My Rainy Day Rocketship by Markette Sheppard
- Pea, Bee, and Jay: Stuck Together by Brian Smith
- Red Rover: Curiosity on Mars by Richard Ho
- The Worrysaurus by Rachel Bright
Indian Paintbrush Award Books!
The Indian Paintbrush Book Award provides the opportunity for Wyoming youth in grades 4-6 to select a favorite book and honor its author. Its purpose is to help Wyoming students: Become acquainted with the best contemporary authors Become aware of the qualities that make a good book Set a goal to read at least three good books to honor an author whose books Wyoming students have enjoyed.
2021 WINNER: The Trail by Meika Hashimoto
1st Runner Up: White Bird by R. J. Palacio
2nd Runner Up: Refugee by Alan Gratz
2022-23 Nominees for the Indian Paintbrush Award for Wyoming Youth in Grades 4-6
- Ban This Book by Alan Gratz
- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo
Efren Divided by Ernesto Cisneros
- History Smashers: Mayflower by Kate Messner
- Linked by Gordon Korman
- My Life as a Potato by Arianne Costner
- Scary Stories for Young Foxes by Christian McKay Heidicker
- Starfish by Lisa Fipps
- Switched by Bruce Hale
- When Stars Are Scattered by Victoria Jamieson and Omar Mohamed